For event planners, there's no such thing as a dressrehearsal!|
Any event you plan and stage is a reflection of your company'simage — from the initial invitation to onsite operations.Whether you're planning a product launch, conference, salesmeeting, an incentive event, or a gala fund-raiser, remember thatthe magic of a truly memorable event is in the details, but so isthe devil. Special events are fraught with thousands of details,and have to come off without a hitch. Whether your event is for 50or 2,000 people, whether it has a budget of a few thousand dollars,or hundreds of thousands, planning and executing the project islike a high-wire act without the safety nets. Event Planning givesyou a blueprint for planning and executing special events withflair and without any unexpected surprises and expenses. Thisunique book is loaded with practical advice on every aspect oforganizing and managing special events:
- Choosing the best venue
- Preparing and managing the budget
- Scheduling and staffing
- Coordinating food and beverage, décor, entertainment, andthemes
- Working with professionals, such as public relations firms andcreative directors.
What you don't know or know to ask can have a major effect onthe success of your event and on your budget. Event Planning takesyou through every aspect of organizing and executing a successfulevent: the planning stages, timing and logistics, budgetpreparation, operations, and on-site management. EventPlanning:
- Includes sample costing forms to help you generate a detailedproject plan and budget.
- Explains what you need to ask before you contract withsuppliers.
- Is loaded with practical tips and examples that will help youavoid expensive mistakes.
- Features a companion website with forms from the book,additional forms, author Q&A, and more.
EventPlanning takes you behind the scenes, and provides practicaltools for anyone who has to plan and execute a truly specialevent:
- Corporate in-house event planners
- Public relations and communications companies, and theirclients
- Marketing and corporate communications professionals
- Fundraisers and not-for-profit organizations
- Professionals in the hospitality and entertainmentindustries