The professional programmerâ€™s DeitelÂ®
guide to smartphone and tablet app development using Androidâ„¢ 6 and Android Studio Billions of apps have been downloaded from Google Playâ„¢! This book gives you everything you need to start developing great apps quickly and getting them published on Google Playâ„¢. The book uses an app-driven approachâ€“each new technology is discussed in the context of eight fully coded and tested Android apps, complete with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs and sample outputs. Apps youâ€™ll develop include:
- Welcome App
- Cannon Game
- Tip Calculator
- Weather Viewer
- Flag Quiz
- TwitterÂ® Searches
- Address Book
Practical, Example-Rich Coverage of:
- Android 6, Android Studio: Gradleâ„¢, Vector Asset Studio, Theme Editor
- Material Design App Templates and Themes
- AppCompat Library, Android Design Support Library, RecyclerView, FloatingActionButton, TextInputLayout
- Material Design Elevation and Icons
- REST Web Services/JSON, Threading, SQLiteâ„¢ Database, Android 6 Permissions
- Cursors, Loaders, ContentProviders
- Supporting Various Screen Sizes/Resolutions
- Accessibility, Internationalization
- Activities, Fragments, Intents, Preferences
- GUIs, Layouts, Menus, Resource Files, Events, Touch/Gesture Processing, Images, Audio, Graphics, Animation
- Immersive Mode, PrintHelper
- Google Playâ„¢ Store, App Publishing, Pricing, Marketing, In-App Advertising, In-App Billing, Virtual Goods and more
- Download code examples
- For info on Deitelâ€™s Dive IntoÂ® Series programming training courses, visit www.deitel.com/training or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the Deitels on FacebookÂ® at facebook.com/DeitelFan, TwitterÂ® at @deitel, Google+â„¢ at google.com/+DeitelFan, LinkedInÂ® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn, YouTubeâ„¢ at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Subscribe to the DeitelÂ®Buzz e-mail newsletter at www.deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html
About This Book
The first-generation Android phones were released in October 2008. As of June 2015, Android had 82.8% of the global smartphone market share, compared to 13.9% for Apple and 2.6% for Microsoft (http:// www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp). Billions of apps have been downloaded from Google Play and more than one billion Android devices were shipped worldwide in 2014 (http://www.cnet.com/news/android-shipments-exceed- 1-billion-for-first-time-in-2014/). The opportunities for Android app developers are enormous.
This book presents leading-edge computing technologies for professional software developers. At the heart of the book is the Deitel app-driven approachâ€“concepts are presented in the context of complete working Android apps, rather than using code snippets. The introduction and app test drives at the beginning of each chapter show one or more sample executions. The bookâ€™s source code is available at http://www.deitel.com/books/AndroidFP3.
The apps in this book were carefully designed to introduce you to key Android features and APIs. Youâ€™ll quickly learn everything you need to start building Android appsâ€“beginning with a test-drive of the Tip Calculator app in Chapter 1, then building one new app in each of Chapters 2 through 9. By the time you reach Chapter 10, youâ€™ll be ready to create your own apps for submission to Google Play and other app marketplaces. Youâ€™ll master the Google Play submission process, including uploading your apps. Youâ€™ll decide whether to sell your apps or offer them for free, and learn how to market them via social media and monetize them with in-app advertising, in-app billing, virtual goods and more.
*Terms and Conditions apply
Disclaimer: All product data on this page belongs to . No
guarantees are made as to accuracy of prices and information.