This revision of the acclaimed and widely assigned Norton Critical Edition of Frederick Douglass’s great autobiography Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave, Written by Himself includes key examples of literary and cultural analyses that have engaged scholars over the last three decades.
This Norton Critical Edition includes:
- Frederick Douglass’s 1845 Narrative
, the most influential autobiography of its kind.
- A preface and explanatory footnotes by William L. Andrews and William S. McFeely.
- Contemporary perspectives by Douglass, Margaret Fuller, James Monroe Gregory, and Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
- Essays by William L. Andrews, William S. McFeely, Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Deborah E. McDowell, Houston A. Baker, Jr., Jeannine Marie DeLombard, and Robert D. Richardson, Jr.
- A Chronology and a Selected Bibliography.
Now you can buy Books online in USA,UK, India and more than 100 countries.
*Terms and Conditions apply
Disclaimer: All product data on this page belongs to
guarantees are made as to accuracy of prices and information.