In the first edition of A Practical Guide to Stage Lighting
, Steve Shelley cracked open his production book and showed how to prepare a lighting design and create the paperwork needed to mount a production.
In the second edition, he pulled back the curtain and showed the methods and processes that go on before the light plot is finalized and ready to go to into the shop, even dealing with cutting the plot in half.
In this third edition, Shelley throws the door wide open and shows step-by-step how to construct every lighting system in the Hokey
light plot. Combining his diacritical analysis, killer drafting, and analytic use of the Slinky Method and Slinky Calculations, he presents the Periodic Table of Fundamental Lighting Systems and shows the basic methods used to create multi-instrument lighting systems.
* Over 100 new topics, including analysis and application of the three categories of collaboration; detailed examinations of production meetings, approaching production schedules and budgets; one-on-one meetings and checklists with management and the creative team.
* Over 50 new illustrations, including Shelley's Periodic Table of Fundamental Lighting Systems -- groundplans, sections, and front elevations that illustrate basic system wash configurations for each direction of light.
* Analysis, calculation, examples, and step-by-step technical construction of each lighting system in the Hokey
* Detailed examination of techniques used to light backdrops, scrims, and translucencies in the scenic stack.
* Explanation of a manufacturer's cut sheet, and how to apply basic formulas to determine beam size, footcandle, and gel transmission for lighting instruments.
* Updated discussion of the process for pre-programming computer lighting consoles prior to the load-in.
* Comprehensive overview of archiving paperwork and softcopy for a production.
Now you can buy Books online in USA,UK, India and more than 100 countries.
*Terms and Conditions apply
Disclaimer: All product data on this page belongs to
guarantees are made as to accuracy of prices and information.