This book is aimed at experienced ASP.NET developers looking to add AJAX to their applications, and experienced Web developers who want to move to using ASP.NET and AJAX together. The focus here is on how you can extend ASP.NET applications to update portions of the page asynchronously and to add richer UI elements to a page. ASP.NET AJAX makes it easy to enrich your existing application or to design a new application to provide a better experience for users. The differences among modern browsers have been abstracted, allowing you to write to a common set of APIs and trust that the user will get the correct behavior whether they are using Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.
Detailed coverage includes:
- how ASP.NET AJAX compares to other AJAX libraries and how you can use the client library with any server platform you choose
- the UpdatePanel control that allows you to automatically update portions of a page asynchronously without a visible pause while the page refreshes
- control of script resources and working with the ScriptManager control
- the ASP.NET 3.5 ability to work with the back button
- the ASP.NET AJAX Toolkit and all it has to offer for creating rich user interfaces
- how to use ASP.NET’s services and core features such as the Membership and Role management systems, Web Parts, localization, and state management with ASP.NET AJAX
- networking objects, animations, custom AJAX controls
- testing, debuging, and deploying ASP.NET Ajax applications
*Terms and Conditions apply
Disclaimer: All product data on this page belongs to . No
guarantees are made as to accuracy of prices and information.