Provides solutions for using inquiry-based teaching while meeting standards
This compelling new text practices what it preaches?it uses the inquiry approach to teach the inquiry approach.
The book is developed around six key questions:
1. What is science?
2. Why teach science?
3. What is the nature of scientific knowledge?
4. How do scientists construct knowledge?
5. How do people develop effective reasoning patterns?
6. What teaching methods best facilitate scientific knowledge acquisition?
- Focus on inquiry teaching methods: This text shows teachers how to use inquiry-based teaching in a standards-based environment.
- Practical examples: Several examples of inquiry lessons are provided, along with examples of classroom management techniques, lesson planning procedures, and effective evaluation procedures.
- Research-based content: Written by a leader in the field, the book includes current and important research to frame the examples and methods.
A password-protected instructor resources site at http://www.sagepub.com/lawsoninstr/ includes PowerPoint slides for each chapter, a test bank, chapter outlines with notes, Internet resources, and sample assignments.
*Terms and Conditions apply
Disclaimer: All product data on this page belongs to . No
guarantees are made as to accuracy of prices and information.