I am an immigrant, like you maybe, and this is my truth about immigration. A true story. A story of many... Too many. Is it yours too?†
You too are a prisoner of geography who lives in a world of racism without racists?
If the answer is Yes, my heart goes out to you.
Discrimination, prejudice, exploitation, and abuse are what I know best. For the world, I am a human of inferior birth, but I know that is not true.
I donít want to take anything from you. I just want whatís mine by birthright. I deserve to be considered human. A human like you.
This true story of survival is a work in progress.
17 years ago, after living under a very oppressive communist regime, I left my homeland for the first time.
I didnít want to abandon my parents and the only reality I knew.
I cried in despair thinking I will never go back. I hated my destiny... my siblingsí destinies. None of us wanted to leave.
I know I am one of the lucky ones. I didnít cross oceans and seas in shipwrecks.
I didnít walk for thousands of kilometres as some of the people I know.
I didnít live in barracks and ate from a trash bin.
My heart goes out to all these humans who went through unthinkable situations in the pursuit of happiness.
I have been treated in diverse ways during these years, but seldom fairly.
For many, too many, I am a human of inferior birth,†not worthy of consideration.
- I have no country now. No identity.
- I feel like I donít belong anywhere.
- I feel like the world doesnít want me.†
I havenít seen my eight (remaining) siblings all together in seventeen years.
I know that only a tragedy will reunite us. But I donít want that tragedy. I want to hug my siblings and have lunch with them. And I want to visit my dearestís brother tomb and leave a flower on it to make him realise we havenít forgotten him. He will live†in our hearts forever.†
The UK, the country I love very much, has voted "Leave."†
- Should I pack my bags?
- Should I give up my dream?
- Nobody wants Romanians. Is there anywhere I could go?
- How am I going to provide for my octogenarian parents who survived the Second World War and raised ten children under an oppressive communist regime?
- Is it really true that this world is not for people like me?
- What should I do?
- What can I do?
- What would You do if you were me?
- Would you dare to ask for your human and civil rights?
- Would you cry and feel alone in the whole universe?
I hope youíll never have to find out.
Now you can buy Books online in USA,UK, India and more than 100 countries.
*Terms and Conditions apply
Disclaimer: All product data on this page belongs to
guarantees are made as to accuracy of prices and information.