Basic Neurochemistry, Eighth Edition, is the updated version of the outstanding and comprehensive classic text on neurochemistry. For more than forty years, this text has been the worldwide standard for information on the biochemistry of the nervous system, serving as a resource for postgraduate trainees and teachers in neurology, psychiatry, and basic neuroscience, as well as for medical, graduate, and postgraduate students and instructors in the neurosciences.
The text has evolved, as intended, with the science. This new edition continues to cover the basics of neurochemistry as in the earlier editions, along with expanded and additional coverage of new research from intracellular trafficking, stem cells, adult neurogenesis, regeneration, and lipid messengers. It contains expanded coverage of all major neurodegenerative and psychiatric disorders, including the neurochemistry of addiction, pain, and hearing and balance; the neurobiology of learning and memory; sleep; myelin structure, development, and disease; autism; and neuroimmunology.
Now you can buy Books online in USA,UK, India and more than 100 countries.
- Completely updated text with new authors and material, and many entirely new chapters
- Over 400 fully revised figures in splendid color
- 61 chapters covering the range of cellular, molecular and medical neuroscience
- Translational science boxes emphasizing the connections between basic and clinical neuroscience
- Companion website at http://elsevierdirect.com/companions/9780123749475
*Terms and Conditions apply
Disclaimer: All product data on this page belongs to
guarantees are made as to accuracy of prices and information.